Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Finding Hope and Peace

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Psalm 147:3

 I just ran into the verse today..it is amazing!! As a person who is sharing my deepest aches and raw emotions with the world, I really want to draw your attention to our God and this verse: "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Psalm 147:3. 

My heart was broken.Sometimes I feel that the word broken doesn't sum up the anguish and heartache I went through. I am sure Scott can relate because his heart was broken. He was in anguish..his wife, broke her marriage vows and had relations with another man. 

I wept for the loss of a great friend and lover. I also wept for the vows, promises, and hearts I broke as well. I was the responsible one...I still sometimes feel that I owe more to Scott. i feel that I need to do everything and love him with more passion that I can muster..but I know that it is impossible for me to do that. I will not let the devil poison my life and my heart with his lies. 

(God) "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Psalm 147:3...I am not going to try to heal my own heart or Scott's. It is not my place. I have asked for forgiveness from Scott. He graciously granted it to me. He still loves me. He still loves me. He still loves me. More importantly, I asked my God to forgive me. He too, took me back with open arms. He took my sin-my terrible sin and paid the price for it. He has cleansed my heart and soul. He calls me his child. 

I have also recently started to forgive myself. I still struggle with what I did. I know that it is in my past. My heart still carries wounds from that time in my life, but I can find hope and peace in this verse.."He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Psalm 147:3

My God loves me. Most days are good. Most of my past stays in my past and I can celebrate the victory that God has given within my marriage..but some days...I struggle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment