Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My Wounds Have Been Healed.

The Bible says, "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." ~ Psalm 147:3


I love this verse so much. It's one of my favorites. I think I love it so much because it is so true!! I have experienced God healing my broken heart. If you read my post yesterday this will make a lot of sense to you today. After my affair was brought to light and my choice was made my world crumbled. You would think that making my choice would have been the hardest part...and at that time, it felt like it was. Dealing with my broken heart on so many different levels was were I struggled the longest.

I have hope!

This verse has been something I have clung to for awhile now. I felt like there was no way my heart was going to heal. I thought that I should just give up. I thought that my heart was going to ache forever. Yes I still have some days when my mind started to wonder. I stop and pull in the reins. I think about all the things that I have gained. I reflect on my Savior's love for me and that He takes the time to bind my wounds. He takes the time to carefully wash out the dirty. He takes the time to hold me and comfort me when I cry. He takes the time to heal my heart. I sometimes feel like my heart will forever be missing a piece, but sometimes I forget about  the hole. It still might be there, but God has placed a loving band-aid over the hole and wants me to fill it with his love, instead of sad memories.

I have hope!

My father in heaven loves me despite all the terrible things I have done. He has reached out in Grace and has washed away my iniquities. He has cleansed me white as snow. I know without a doubt that when I stand before him someday, he will look at me as if I had never sinned. He will know that I have loved him and followed him. I know that he will say to me, "Welcome home, my good and faithful servant." I look forward to that day with great joy and anticipation!



No comments:

Post a Comment