Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Summer Reading

Last night, I came up with a list of books that I would like to read this summer. The list is unrealistically long, 15 books. Fifteen! I know that there is no way humanly possible that a mother of two small children will be able to take the time to read so many books. I will have to narrow the list down a little bit, maybe 8?

I've never been an avid reader. I didn't like to 'waste time' reading. How silly? This past year, my sister-in-law got me involved in our local M.O.M.S group! It stays for Make Our Mothering Significant! Through M.O.M.S. we have done 2 book studies. I believe that is what got me so interesting in reading. We have read some real eye opening books. Besides M.O.M.S., I have also gotten involved in a book study through our church. We just finished a 16 week series about "What Did You Expect?" This book has been transforming!!

Paul David Tripp is the author of  "What Did You Expect?" He really nails his points home. Somehow, he completely changed the way I look at Scott. I have always loved and respected Scott, but somehow this book demonstrated love in a way that I had never thought of before! It really pointed out my selfishness in my marriage. It challenged me to love Scott differently. While reading the book, I really marked it up. The only other book I have marked in more is the Bible!! I have recommended this book to my friends and family. I am recommending this book to you too!!

If you want to refresh your marriage, need some encouragement or just like to read...you need to check this book out. It will not disappoint!You can add it to your summer reading list!

"What Did You Expect?"




No comments:

Post a Comment