Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wildcard Wednesday: Grow Where You Are Planted

In case you didn't know..I am an artist. It's a new found hobby. You may see some of my pieces spring up from time to time:) 

Grow Where You Are Planted!
I have heard this saying many times in my life. It never really meant much to me until this past year. My DH (Darling Husband) and I attended a small cell church for a while and the pastor was amazing! I learned so many things from Pastor Jason. He challenged my faith more than any other pastor in all my life. Two of his sermons I will treasure forever. In fact, I wish we would have recorded these messages. They were amazing. One of the sermons was preached by Pastor Jason when he did a series based on Hebrews 12:1-2. Each week for several months, families shared their personal testimonies as part of the sermon. "Since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses...(meaning all the really cool stories from Hebrews 11)" We, the people who make up the body of the church also have amazing testimonies and stories of faith, and just like the faithful characters in Hebrews 11, we are living examples of faith. We need to grow where God planted us, because we are here, in this town, with these friends, at this church, at this job for a specific reason. I created this little piece of art to remember the importance of my life, and that I am -here- for a specific purpose.
I need to grow where God plants me!


No comments:

Post a Comment