Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My Flirtatious Personality

Growing up, I was boy crazy. At least that's what my family also told me. I had a very flamboyant personality. I was extremely friendly and really flirtatious. I haven't quite figured out just what I was trying to achieve by being flirty. I probably loved the attention. It got me attention.

I wasn't exactly popular in middle school or high school, but I loved to drive the boys crazy. I flirted with many, many people. One particular day stands out in my mind.

I had the hots for this guy. I am pretty sure he had the hots for me. (I love the word, hots, LOL) Anyways, we flirted all the time. I with him. Him with me. If you would have been an outsider you probably would have thought that we were in a relationship...but we weren't. I would have loved to be, but that is beside the point.

One day, while we were flirting extremely bad, a teacher who had been watching us said, "why don't you two just kiss and get it over with all ready!" I couldn't believe that a teacher just observing, not knowing our hearts and desires, could make such an audacious statement and be so right. This particular comment has stuck with me for a long time. They say hind sight is 20/20. I never really changed my personality because of this observation. I maybe should have reflected on the statement.

I wasn't much different in college. This is where things got me into trouble. I leaned a very important lesson. One that I wish someone would have taught me earlier. Just because you are attracted to someone does not mean you need to flirt with them. I was married and still flirting. I was sending a terrible signal to other men that I was available and that I liked them.

I can't remember the book/magazine/or article that I read, but it simple stated, "God made some pretty good looking men. Instead of focusing on how great they look. What they would look like with their shirt off. Imagining what your life would be like with them...Just simply praise God for making a beautiful creation, and move on."

Psalms 4:23-26

Above all else, guard your heart,
    for everything you do flows from it.
24 Keep your mouth free of perversity;
    keep corrupt talk far from your lips.
25 Let your eyes look straight ahead;
    fix your gaze directly before you.
26 Give careful thought to the[c] paths for your feet
    and be steadfast in all your ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment