Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Reunited

Scott and I had spent a week apart while my head was spinning. My affair was brought to light and I didn't know what to do. Scott spent the week at his parents' house. We didn't talk or communicate in any way.  While we were apart I decided to leave Scott for the other man, but God saved me. God saved my marriage. I said good bye to Ozzy and make the drive to Scott's parents' house to ask for forgiveness.
 
Scott's mother answered the door and immediately invited me in. I declined. I didn't know what to expect from his family after everything I put Scott through. Maybe they were going to be super angry with me for breaking my marriage vows and putting Scott though so much pain and heart ache.. Maybe they were going to shout Bible verses at me in hopes that I would "see the light." I simply asked if I may talk with Scott. Cathy politely informed me that Scott and his dad went on a fishing trip, but that they should be returning shortly. She again invited me in while I wanted. I politely told her that I would just wait for Scott outside. I was ashamed. I wish that I could have been an ostrich so I could have bury my head in the ground. I didn't know what to say to her or anybody else in the family.

I sat on the back of my car and stared down the alley waiting for the truck lights to shine down road. I had gone on many fishing trips with Scott and his dad while we were dating. My mind wondered while I waited. I was extremely nervous, almost, to the point of driving off and returning later. Suddenly, Scott's youngest brother came outside to sit with me. I don't remember if he was living at home or just visiting for the weekend. He was very nice to me. I don't remember much of the conversation, but I do remember him telling me he was glad that I was home and that Scott was going to be happy to see me. Not more than 15 minutes later did the truck pull into the alley.

I wasn't nervous anymore. Scott stepped out of the truck and within a blink of an eye I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him tight. It was the best feeling in the world to feel Scott's arms wrap around me. It was so wonderful to see him smiling. As he was holding me I told him that I was sorry. His reply was simple but exactly what I needed to hear, " I forgive you."

No comments:

Post a Comment