Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Goals

After being apart for a week, Scott and I reunited with a tight embrace. I was so happy to see his face and feel his arms around me. He had just returned from a fishing trip with his dad. I had been sitting in the driveway waiting his return so I could let him know my choice. I choose to fix this marriage.

Scott cleaned up and we headed to Perkins so that we could talk. I so badly wanted to reserve a hotel room, but I wasn't sure if he was going to be willing to see me or talk to me. I had distanced myself so far from him. We hadn't touched or kissed for weeks. We headed to Perkins and ordered some food. I spilled my guts to him about everything. He asked me several questions and I answered everything truthfully. We then agreed that we were both willing to fix our marriage.

Scott shared his fears and doubts with me. He told me that he didn't trust me and that was something that we needed to focus on. We made a list of goals for our marriage while sitting in Perkins. The list is as follows:

  1. Keep God as the center of our relationship.
  2. Meet each other's needs. 
  3. Good communication without judgement
  4. Be totally open about everything
  5. Commit to standing by each other through good and bad.
We talked in great detail about what each of these goals would look like. We  wrote them down together and prayed together for God to give us strength to fight and not give up.

Scott mentioned the idea of meeting with the pastor of his parents church. Scott had a conversation with the pastor and  thought it would be a great idea for us to meet with him and his wife. I told Scott I needed to think about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment