Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Obedience


The dictionary defines Obedience as :
 "the act or practice of obeying; dutiful or submissive compliance"
I love the phrase  "practice of obeying." I think I love it so much because practice makes perfect. We are to strive to be Christ like. We will never be perfect like Him, but we are called to live life like that of Christ, blameless and sinnless. 
I find it overwheliming to live up to such lofty expectiation. If we will never achieve perfectness or likeness of Christ, then why even try right?
Wrong.
I am making my word of the year be OBEDIENCE. I want to live a life that is Christlike. I have already sinned so much because of my infidelity. I still have a hard time letting that sin go. But I will practice will all my heart to follow God and be obedient to his Word and commands.  

Sharing my story is not easy. Sharing my sin is not something I dreamed of doing. I am following God and obeying his calling to share my story with others. The Bible says we will  be blessed for obeying and following God's commands. It is so hard to obey God when every fiber in our body is telling us to do something different because it feels good, or because we deserve it. But accordfing to the Bible we will be blessed.

James 1:22–25
But don't just listen to God's word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves. For if you listen to the word and don't obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like. But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don't forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it. (NLT)
  
I have several examples of blessings but of course I am going to focus on the story of my affair. When I got myself involved with a man who was not my husband. It felt right. I wanted to be happy. This other man made me happy. I fell deeper and deeper in love with him, abandoning my feelings and my vows for my husband. God saved my marriage by bringing to light my sin in a  gentle whisper. I so badly didn't want to obey because I needed Ozzy. I needed this man to make me happy and fulfill me. But because I followed God's leading instead of my own desires my life has been blessed beyond all measure.

I have a marriage that is amazing. We love and respect each other deeper than we ever have. We have passion and a deep commitment to each other. We have 2 beautiful babies. We have a beautiful home and friends and family who love and forgive.

God is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment