Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Gratitude Journal Entry #2

Gratitude Journal Entry #2



I am grateful for Scott.  He is my husband, my lover, my best friend.  Life has not always been easy for us. We have traveled together through mud and mire. He has the patience of Job.  He has never wavered on his promise to me even when he has had biblical grounds to divorce me.  Scott has never thrown past mistakes in my face.  He has never yelled at me, swore at me or put me down in any way.  He has always stood by my side.  He has always defended me.  He has always cared for me and assisted me.  He has supported me and encouraged me.  He has loved me with passion so deep.   He takes the time to love me.  He is silly with me.   


I am drawn to the famous love verses found in I Corinthians. 
“Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
~I Corinthians 13:4-7


I have never been a fan of this verse.  Who could ever love that like? I know I can’t and I don’t.  I fall short on my displays of affection toward Scott.  I have a short temper. I am stubborn.  These characteristics shine more brightly when I am with Scott.   I am comfortable around him.  Only by the grace and strength of God, is Scott able to love me and honor me the way I Corinthians tells us to.  A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.


No comments:

Post a Comment